Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heidi Montag Designing Clothing For Her New Body

Continuing her aesthetic overhaul, Heidi Montag, who famously underwent ten plastic surgery procedures in one day to become what she calls “the new me,” has also tapped into her inner-fashion designer. The reality star packed four dresses of her own creation for her trip to Las Vegas last weekend, where she co-hosted Pure nightclub’s Valentine’s Day bash with husband Spencer Pratt. On the red carpet, the 23 year-old opted for a body-hugging, fuchsia dress. “Pink is a color full of love and it’s so vibrant and beautiful–and it was, of course, very festive,” she tells PEOPLE. “It was exactly what I wanted to wear for my new body. I’ve never felt sexier or more confident in my life. It was revealing but still kept something to the imagination. It hugged all my curves perfectly.” As for where she finds inspiration, Montag says, “Most of my inspiration comes from old movies and I have tons of books on old Hollywood. I just love the magnificence of that time–the sequins, the sexiness. I want to capture the true luster of Hollywood in all my designs.” Montag also professes her admiration for designers like Coco Chanel (“so classic and timeless”) and Dolce & Gabbana (“They have such a sexy shape and have women looking their best in every silhouette,” she says). Expect more Montag-made clothing to surface: “This is just the beginning. I’d really love to eventually wear mostly my only designs. And I really would love to do a low end line [for my] fans and it can be really accessible and then a one of a kind couture line to really showcase my creativity.” But just around the corner? “Look out for my bikini line this summer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment