Sunday, September 20, 2009
Olivia Palermo reveals her style rules @ Topshop Unique fashion show during London Fashion Week 9/20
Imagine our delight at finally colliding with New York style goddess Olivia Palermo at this afternoon’s Unique show (she was wearing Topshop’s Ultimate Jewelled trophy jacket and some black beaded silk shorts, since you ask). And then imagine how we felt when she told us ‘Oh, I know your magazine! I love Grazia!’ Today was a good day, people.
Olivia was very sweet and polite and friendly, and super-excited about seeing the Unique show. ‘I am the world’s biggest Topshop fan! Seriously, for the last few months I have worn Topshop every single day..’
So, given a few snatched minutes with our fashion icon du jour before the show started, what did Grazia ask her? Only her frickin’ Style Rules! Listen and learn, ladies..
Olivia's Style Rules
1. In every outfit, I always try and incorporate a single trend, but in a subtle way.
2. I would describe my style as modern, but classic.
3. I always like to wear one very structured piece, like a great jacket or a skirt.
4. For next season I like the look of all the embellished clothes, and those copper-toned metallics, although not everyone can pull that off…
5. You don’t always have to stay high end – I like mixing and matching.
6. My favourite item of clothing right now is a Topshop white cardigan with a pale blue pinstripe; it’s so easy to wear.
7. My favourite accessory is my Chloe ‘Gemma’ bag, which I bought in London in July. I have it in army green. That’s such a great colour because it works for summer or winter.
8. My favourite jewellery? I like chunky! I like to wear one big statement piece, a ring, a bracelet or a necklace. But I mostly like big rings [she flashes an enormous gold cocktail ring – Olivia has just started working as Contributing Accessories Editor at an American magazine].
9. I like to wear a heel, I just got some chunky black platforms that you’ll see in the Unique show..
10. One great piece can take you through an entire season. Like, recently, I bought these Sergio Rossi silver brogues [Grazia squeals involuntarily at the mention of our Best Olivia Palermo Fashion Moment Ever]. Ha ha, you liked those? I love those shoes, I bought them in Berlin, they’re absolutely my favourite thing right now!
And with that our new BFF was whisked away to the Front Row, leaving Grazia utterly smitten….
Credit - www.graziadaily.co.uk, life.com, vogue.co.uk, insideout.topshop.com
It's day three of London Fashion Week and the shows are all now in full swing. We've just got back from the Matthew Williamson SS10 show where we bumped into 'The City' star, Olivia Palermo who stopped and spoke to us about who she loved from the New York shows and the art of not being a slave to the trends.
The Fash Pack: So what shows are you excited to see at London Fashion Week this season?
Olivia Palermo: I only arrived last night so unfortunately, I'm leaving over the weekend.
The Fash Pack: Oh no, really?
Olivia: I know. I have to be back in New York next week to wrap up production so I have to be back for that but I'm here to see Matthew Williamson and Topshop.
The Fash Pack: Amazing. So were there any shows that particularly stood out to you in New York?
Olivia: I would probably have to say Susan Moon. I'm a good friend of the designer. I think she is amazing and truly beyond her years. She has really elegant pieces. Also, Frank Tell, who I've watched for many years and supported showed a lot of dark metallic pieces that I loved.
The Fash Pack: Your style is admired and copied by many who have been following you on 'The City'. Do you have any style tips?
I would say, stick to your own sense of style. Incoporate the trends but make sure that doesn't take over your whole style. Also, definitely invest in key pieces that will take you from season to season
Credit - thefashpack.onsugar.com, altamiranyc.blogspot.com, bew, cafe mode
Watch and dish with us before the Emmys!
Stephanie Pratt of ‘The Hills’ and former ‘Project Runway’ finalist Kenley Collins will be live on Fancast and sharing their opinions about the stars walking the red carpet prior to the Emmy Awards Sunday, September 20, from 7 PM EST/4 PM PST to 8 PM EST/5 PM PST.
Here’s how to do it…
Tune your TV to E!’s red carpet coverage at the above time and then log onto Fancast and dish about fashion, TV and everything else with our celebrity commentators, Stephanie and Kenley.
It will be like watching and gossiping about the red carpet – the best part of every awards show – with two of your favorite stars and thousands of others, only you won’t have to clean up afterward.
Credit - fancast.com