Friday, August 14, 2009

Is MTV trying to replicate Lauren Conrad?


Apparently Lauren Conrad is so crucial to MTV that the network needs to bring on two reality stars to make up for her retirement. Kristen Cavallari already signed on for The Hills, and on August 18 House of Jazmin premieres. The show follows Jazmin, a 20-year-old aspiring fashion designer with a collection called something only a person named Jazmin, and possibly Lindsay Lohan, could come up with: Li Cari. She tells W her collection is "sophisticated and chic":
It's, like, really versatile. There are pieces that you could see on a 14-year-old girl or a 50-year-old woman. And I really try to create timeless pieces that you don't look back and say, 'What was I thinking when I wore that?' You know, stuff that you can pass down to your children.
And her inspiration?
I think my biggest influence and inspiration would be Coco Chanel because just, like, the cuts and the fabrics and everything are so, like, my personal style. And so it's so, like, exciting to see all of her work and how she started with hats, and when I was young I started designing, like, sketches of perfume bottles. I was just attracted to design in general and so then as I got a little bit older it, like, went, like, all the way toward fashion.
Credit- nymag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment