Monday, October 19, 2009

A Little Q & A With Whitney Port


J-14: So what is going to be new and different about the new episodes of The City?
Whitney: I'm moving into a new place, I switch my job, I have some new people coming in and out of my life! I realized that what I came to New York to do was to design my clothing line and I felt like I wasn't being true to myself and proactively going for it. So I went to Kelly and we discussed a game plan: she told me I could work freelance at People's Revolution and design my line on the side using one of her showrooms as a studio space. This season shows me on that whole journey doing what I came here to do. Also, now I'm dating, which is different because last season I had a full on relationship!

J-14: Will ex-boyfriend Jay be on this season at all?
Whitney: You see a little bit of him. I like to keep in touch with my exes and I've been fortunate enough to end on a good note with them. It's always been important to me because it's crazy how you can love someone so much one second and hate them the next. I just find it really bizarre!


J-14: We've been introduced to some new friends this season, but do you still keep in touch with Lauren Conrad?
Whitney: Yes, we do. We talk quite a lot. Recently, she was in New York for the VMAS and presenting at the VH1 Diva's Event!

J-14: How is it having your parents watch you go on dates on television?
Whitney: It's very, very strange but the good thing about it is that I'm really close with my parents and I would probably tell them every detail anyways so I'm not really that afraid about how they're going to judge it. I think the key is to be honest with your parents. They're not the enemy, you know?

J-14: What have you learned about yourself from doing the show?
Whitney: I think I've learned that if I really set my mind to something and really motivate myself in that direction I can get anything done. I grew up with a family that kind of always took care of me. They were always doting over me and I was always like a helpless little child. I think it's been a really big learning experience to be on my own and realize I can conquer things without having someone rescue me.
credit - /www.j-14.com

No comments:

Post a Comment