Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Heidi Montag Album Sells Less Than 1,000 Copies

Heidi Montag's debut album may have set a record -- just not a good one.
In its first week of release, The Hills star's album, Superficial, has sold less than 1,000 copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.
In fact, industry sources tell UsMagazine.com that the album has sold only 658 downloads to date.
This is likely upsetting news for the reality star, who told Entertainment Weekly last week that she went broke making Superficial but thought that "within the first week, we will definitely make our money back."
She told EW, "I put every dollar I have into this. I've spent over $1 million, almost $2 million, on this album. It's cost as much or more than a Britney Spears album because I wanted it to be that quality... The songs will make an impact in pop history."
Those songs have collectively sold 6,000 downloads, Nielsen SoundScan also reports
credit - US Weekly

6 comments:

  1. well she has a crap album and disfigured herself. i do feel bad for her. but she brought it on herself. her parents must be dying right now. notice how holly her sister doesn't even talk about heidi and is twittering all day long. sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what holly montag just said on twitter: Night and f#*@ing day RT @stellagomez: @hollymontag You and heidi seem really different...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to Holly's twitter comments! I think Holly is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt terrible for Heidi when I read this. Not bad enough to buy myself a copy though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda feel bad for her too. But I'm sorry she is not original at all. Her Miss Universe performance was a total knock off of Britney Spears' from the 2000 VMAs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no way they spent 2 million. It's a lie just like everything else that comes out of their mouths.

    ReplyDelete