Sunday, June 6, 2010

Meet Louise Roe, Olivia's Newest Challenge


Olivia may have gotten off with a stern look and a few choice words from Joe on tonight's episode of The City, but Erin wasn't quite so forgiving. She sat down with British fashion journalist Louise Roe to check out her ELLE.com potential. We wanted to know more about the newly LA-based Roe, too. So we asked her a few extra questions.
ELLE: What were you doing in London, and how did you end up in LA?
Louise: In London I was hosting a show called the Clothes Show for BBC, and writing news stories here and there. I ended up hosting a few TV segments for Vogue.com. They used to send me to LA all the time to cover things like the Oscars and the red carpet and I just fell in love with the city. I ended up making quite a few friends and connecting with E! I finally got an agent and fell into even more red carpet coverage.
ELLE: What do you love about LA so much?
Louise: New Yorkers always hate LA! I love both cities! I do love the sunshine and the beach after growing up in rainy England. I've been there 18 months and I still feel like I'm on holiday.
ELLE: Had you watched The City before?
Louise: Yes! I did and I loved it. Like everyone else I watched it mainly for the fashion because it's awesome.
ELLE: Anyone you were particularly excited to meet? Or who's style you really loved?
Louise: Whitney! She's so daring and eclectic and young, and wears loads of color which I really like.
ELLE: Who are some of your favorite designers?
Louise: There's a new girl called Holly Fulton. She's a Scot -- she's just awesome -- and I think she's going to go really far. Her last show was sensational. I love Giambatissta Valli, too. His dresses are like a fairy tale. And Giles Deacon is incredible. I love anyone who really pushes the envelope. I'll do the craziest, edgiest thing on my feet though, and I love Charlotte Olympia and Camilla Skovgaard. They make the highest platforms!
ELLE: So did you always want to be on TV?
Louise: No not at all -- I always wanted to write. My dad's a travel journalist and I grew up in a world full of magazines. But I got put on the news once because my editor was too scared -- BBC breakfast news -- and I really enjoyed it. It's just so much fun. I still write though! I have a column on MSN called Front Roe and I'll write the odd piece every now and again. I never want to give up the writing. It's great because you can do it in your PJs without your makeup on!
credit - ELLE.com
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment