Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stephanie Pratt on Lindsay Lohan, the end of 'The Hills'


With the series finale of "The Hills" set to air Tuesday, the Ministry caught up with Stephanie Pratt, a star of the reality-TV staple.
With the series finale of "The Hills" set to air Tuesday, the Ministry caught up with Stephanie Pratt, a star of the reality-TV staple and sister of controversial Spencer Pratt.
It's refreshing to see how level-headed and, well, real Pratt is when she's truly unscripted -- offering advice for embattled Lindsay Lohan (Pratt was arrested on a DUI charge in 2009) and discussing estrangement from her brother and his soon-to-be-ex-wife Heidi Montag, and her own life after TV.
Pratt thinks Lohan "really should take this jail time. I know she's not going to do the whole 90 days. I think it's going to be great for her. I'd love her to have a great, great comeback."
She shared her own experience: "When I got my DUI, I knew that I had the best fans ever thanks to the show. I wanted to make sure I did everything right. ... I went to [the] Betty Ford [Center] and stopped drinking," she said. "I only did that so these kids know that you can have fun but take care of yourself first."
The 24-year-old blew just over the .08% legal limit when she was pulled over last October, the night of Montag's birthday party. She made a deal in which the DUI charge was dropped in exchange for a no contest plea to misdemeanor exhibition of speed, three years' probation, completion of an alcohol education class and attendance at AA meetings. The Betty Ford stint was her decision, however.
"You can say, 'This is my chance. I'm being tested right now, I'm on trial right now and whatever I do it's going to manifest my future.'"
But while lightning-rod Lohan contends with moving from mess to manifest destiny, Pratt's got a controversial twosome right in her family tree -- the aforementioned Spencer and Heidi.
"I still haven't talked to them. It's now been since, I guess, September," she said. "I don't ...
... really have any comments on them. The only thing I will say is that I do miss my brother and I hope that he's OK and happy."
Pratt does have a few things in the hopper to smile about, among them her line of women's handbags coming out in the fall.
Pratt also tipped us off that she's working on a line of leather belts for men. But is there a return to reality TV in store?
"I don't think I can do another show with girls and drama," she admitted.
Go forth -- drama free -- young Stephanie.
credit - Matt Donnelly @ ministry of gossip
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment