Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two Minutes With Whitney Port


What's the inspiration behind your spring collection?
"Laid-back California style and New York's edge, so there are lots of bright, bold colors and fun prints mixed with relaxed pants, loose shorts and shift dresses."
Where do you like to hang out in L.A.?
"I love going to the Brentwood Country Mart for some chicken and fries, just like I used to do when I was growing up. I also enjoy walking around the Malibu Country Mart. There are tons of great stores there, like Planet Blue. After a long day at work, I head to the Chateau Marmont. I love the glam setting and dining on the patio. Their artichoke dish is amazing."
If you are on the hunt for something cool to wear, where do you go in L.A.?
"Opening Ceremony is my favorite store. It's the only place in L.A. that nails that sophisticated New York aesthetic. It carries amazing designers like Suno, and I love the Opening Ceremony line. There's also an entire section of the store dedicated to Alexander Wang."


What's your go-to outfit?
"My work uniform is usually a pair of Genetic Denim skinny jeans with Doc Martens, a striped top and an oversize blazer."
Do you dress differently when you are in New York?
"I always stick to my own style, no matter what coast I am on. In New York the temperature can change at any moment, so I make sure to wear lots of layers. The city is also more formal, so I dress up a bit more, and I experiment with bolder looks."
What are your favorite pieces in your spring collection?
"The Fin dress is totally '60s chic. It's an easy-to-throw-on dress because it's loose and short. I love wearing it with ballet flats and a ladylike bag during the day. For evening, I'd add a clutch and a big statement necklace. Another great wardrobe staple is the Eva blazer, in either the print or a solid color. It works with pants or loose shorts and flats during the day and at night over a dress."
credit - Marlien Rentmeester @ Lucky Magazine
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment