Saturday, August 6, 2011

Whitney Port: "My personal style is pretty eclectic depending on my mood"


For most of us, the place we call home is part and parcel to defining our personal style. For Whitney Port, who spent the first 23 of her 26 years in Los Angeles, it's no big shock that SoCal's beachy vibe plays a key role both in Whitney's day-to-day sartorial choices and in her ready-to-wear designs for her line, Whitney Eve.
Famously, however, Whitney moved to New York in 2008 for her lead role in the reality series The City, which hinged on her highly coveted new job at that most New York of fashion houses: Diane von Furstenberg. Whitney says the city has become very much a part of her aesthetic, giving her a unique bicoastal look. She says,
My personal style is pretty eclectic depending on my mood. I think when I was living in New York, it was a bit more sophisticated and businesswoman-ish. Once I moved back to LA, it became more easygoing and comfortable. For the most part these days, it's all about comfort. When I have to get dressed up, I do. I feel like a pretty good mix of New York and LA.
To achieve just the right balance, Whitney mixes high-end pieces like her Burberry leather jacket, urban daywear by Alexander Wang and feminine styles from the likes of Rebecca Taylor and Philip Lim. She's also head-over-heels for her Genetic skinny jeans and Toga ankle boots which, she says, "I wear with everything."
Want to dress like Whitney Port? Then go get your shop on at Whitney's favorites, including Reformation and Shareen's in Los Angeles and Opening Ceremony in New York.
The photos are from August 5th - Whit was spotted leaving a nail salon with her sister Paige and another girlfriend.


Click here for more posts on Whitney Port
credit - Style Bistro
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment