Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kristin Cavallari calls Van Wilder Audition 'A Long Process'

'They definitely did not make it easy for me,' the soon-to-be 'Hills' star says of 'Freshman Year' casting.

On "Laguna Beach," Kristin Cavallari became infamous for giving everyone a hard time as the show's resident troublemaker. The tables turned when she auditioned for "Van Wilder: Freshman Year," which comes out on DVD on Tuesday.

"I had to audition three times," she told MTV News. "And they definitely did not make it easy for me. I play a girl who's in military school, so I went in for my first audition and just kind of did my thing. And so the second, the producer had me come in ... she made me walk across the room with my arms behind my back like I was in the military, and she made me really project my voice like I was yelling at all boys, basically."

But Cavallari really proved she was fit for the role of Kaitlin Hays when she had her final audition with "Mean Girls" star Jonathan Bennett. "I had to audition again with Jonathan Bennett, who plays Van, and then my boyfriend in the movie for chemistry reads," she said. "So it was a long process, a really hard process, but the movie was so much fun, and I had the best time."

Cavallari, who will join the cast of "The Hills" in September, "wasn't surprised [they made me audition like that], 'cause coming from a reality show, people are kind of skeptical about me, which I totally understand. I just have to prove myself a lot harder sometimes, so I kind of expected it."

She also said Bennett had no problems filling Ryan Reynolds' shoes as Van Wilder, the infamous party boy who manages to help Kaitlin "loosen up a bit." "I think Jonathan did a great job," she said. "It's really hard to follow someone, so he definitely kept it very similar to how Ryan Reynolds [did it], but he put his own twist on it."

Cavallari said her now-burgeoning acting career came as a result of working on "Laguna Beach," but that wasn't her original intention when she joined the show. "When I signed on originally, I didn't really think 'Laguna Beach' would turn into what it did," she said. "But once 'Laguna' turned into what it turned into, I just thought, 'Well, why not move to L.A. and just run with it and see what can happen?' "
Credit - mtv

No comments:

Post a Comment