Thursday, November 12, 2009

Audrina Patridge: A Night of Fire and Compassion








Audrina blogged on her website:
Firefighters are trained to handle many situations, cancer is not one of them. Last night I attended the 2nd annual Firefighter's cancer support network gala, I was so pleased to see that the event had more than doubled from last year. Due to their extremely dangerous work environment firefighter's are the highest risk group for cancer. You can't help but feel responsible when you consider these brave men and women are risking their lives in more ways than the obvious every day. It gave me chills when Mike Dubron, the founder and host, asked all of the cancer survivors in the room to stand up and a large portion of the room rose to their feet. It took me by surprise when he then gave them coins with a phrase I had used in a blog I wrote last year about the gala. "Fighting cancer with fire" It is such an honor to be involved in the event and I truly had a wonderful evening being surrounded by so many brave heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment