Thursday, November 12, 2009

Whitney Port: Defend Equality Love Unites!


Whitney blogged on her website
Hi guys!
I wanted to tell you all about an amazing opportunity I had this week. Are any of you familiar with the artist Shepard Fairey? You may not know the name, but you would for sure recognize his art. He is the artist behind the iconic Obama "HOPE" poster.
Shepard Fairey designed the "Defend Equality Love Unites" image at the request of young activists after the passage of Prop 8 in California. I am proud to be one of over 100 celebrities who have customized Fairey's original print in support of marriage equality. I did not want to stray too much from his original idea, so I just used my artistic touch to make the print a little more bold!
The online auction is live for four weeks and all funds raised go directly to grassroots marriage equality organizations in California and beyond. Please take a look at CharityBuzz.com and spread the word about this amazing project!
xoxo,
Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment