Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Laguna Beach's Lauren 'Lo' Bosworth grows up

We’ve watched “Lo” go from a bit player in MTV’s hugely popular “Laguna Beach” reality-based high school drama to a co-star in the series’ spin-off, “The Hills,” when it premiered in 2006. But now that the 23-year-old is a college grad, she debates leaving the show.

By Tina Dirmann / photograph by Kristi Klemens
By the time Bosworth got to Laguna Beach High School, she already had “a great group of friends.” But she never imagined that getting caught trying to cut class with Lauren Conrad would lead to landing a spot on a reality TV series, and open up a whole new world. It was a moment, she says, that changed her life.
“I remember we were wearing matching denim skirts, Ugg boots, and Juicy zip-up sweatshirts. And we were in the parking lot, trying to ditch class, when my car alarm went off.” That’s when a “Laguna Beach” producer, on-site for scouting purposes, spotted the girls. “And he told us he knew he wanted us for the show.”
Now, a little more than six years later, “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” have become two of the MTV Network’s most successful reality series. Yet Bosworth, a recent UCLA art history grad living in Los Angeles, says it hasn’t all been good times.
Several episodes of “The Hills” characterized her as the resident troublemaker, thanks, in part, to some crafty editing, she says. During her first year at UC Santa Barbara, fellow students jeered her. “I’d be walking down the street and people would yell insults at me. At the time, ‘The OC’ with Mischa Barton was popular. So, they reacted to me like I was just another one of those rich, spoiled brats.”
Bosworth transferred to UCLA for her junior year, and had a word with producers about how her scenes in “The Hills” were edited. Things changed for the better in Season 4, she says, and she has been grateful for her career ever since. In fact, she’s got her eye on more television.
“I’ve just had this realization that despite the ups and downs of being on the show, I want to continue working in television. But I think I’d like to transition into hosting. I would love to have a style show or maybe a makeover show. That would be my dream job.”
Credit - orangecoastmagazine.com via tfs

She looks stunning! Great photo

No comments:

Post a Comment