Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Whitney Port Interview

For two years, Whitney Port was best known Lauren Conrad's kind-hearted sidekick on 'The Hills.' A move to New York City quickly turned the budding fashion designer into the star of her own show, 'The City,' where viewers watched Whitney move up the ranks to work alongside fashion greats like Diane von Furstenberg and Kelly Cutrone. Whitney recently sat down with PopEater for an interview
On former 'Hills' co-star Lauren Conrad: When we were working together constantly, we always were sharing little tidbits with each other, especially at that time we were both designing collections. So we played off of each other's styles. But no, we still keep in touch on a friendship level. But in terms of fashion we don't really talk about it anymore because we're not in the same arena anymore.
On People's Revolution owner, Kelly Cutrone's upcoming reality show, 'Kell on Earth': I don't make it to air on that one. I was definitely around, obviously, in the office working while they were filming but I didn't meld the two.
On her clothing line, Whitney Eve: It is contemporary, feminine, cocktail wear. It's really fun, flirty cocktail dresses. Satin, tailored jackets. Bubbly party skirts. It's something you can get away with wearing to work to during the day and then kind of accessorizing it to wear out at night.
On what in her closet she couldn't live without: I could live without everything but probably the most important things to me are little tidbits of jewelry that I've gotten from my best friends and family. There's a peace ring that I wear that I got from my best friend about five years ago that I never take off. Little mementos like that.
On the best thing to come from 'The City': I know it sounds really cheesy but I really think the best thing for me has been the growth of my relationship with Roxy. We were always close in high school and then we kind of lost touch and then to have her back in my life, she's been like a sister to me and I know it shows that we have our ups and downs, but it's because we can be so honest with each other. Right now, I'm just thankful for her, to be perfectly honest.
credit - Maggie Coughlan @ www.popeater.com

Read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment