Monday, January 4, 2010

Fame Game: Lauren Conrad


At the Avon Foundation for Women Awards Gala.

By Eva Chen
Darlings, admit it--aren't you even a teeny, tiny bit curious about what it would be like to be a reality star? I recently had my curiosity satiated when I caught up with Teen Vogue intern turned reality starlet Lauren Conrad at a star-studded gala benefiting Avon (Reese Witherspoon, Courteney Cox, and Fergie were also in attendance). Now that she's a bona fide celeb, I was amazed at how professionally Lauren handled the cavalcade of paparazzi, which captured her every move, from the glamorous (walking the red carpet) to the mundane (touching up her makeup). "I've gotten used to it," she says. "But it's been nice to live without cameras lately. I've been filmed since high school!"
Not that she's been slacking since retiring from The Hills--Lauren's written a New York Times best seller (two more are in the works), designed a line for Kohl's (which entails monthly visits to Wisconsin), and has helped create products for Mark cosmetics. Whew! "It's nice to no longer be on television--I need as few distractions as possible so I can get my work done!" she says. It's especially refreshing for Beauty Blogger to see Lauren using her fame for good. This month, she launches the Have a Heart Bracelet for Mark: "One hundred percent of the proceeds go to raising funds for M.powerment, a nonprofit that educates girls about dating abuse." So far, the charity has raised more than $400,000. Lauren adds, "It's been one of my proudest achievements ever, by far." Now that's star quality.
credit - teen VOGUE

Click here to see more photos of Lauren from the Avon gala

1 comment:

  1. Lauren's done such a classy job transitioning from the reality world. It's nice that others have recognized it too.

    ReplyDelete