Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Heidi Montag on her Mom's reaction to surgery: "It was like I wasn't her daughter anymore."

Nine weeks after undergoing 10 plastic-surgery procedures in one day, an anxious Heidi Montag finally headed to her hometown of Crested Butte, Colo., to face her mother, Darlene Egelhoff, for the first time since the transformation.
"I was nervous, but also excited … I never thought in my wildest dreams she was going to react the way she did," Montag, 23, tells PEOPLE.
The reunion – which was filmed for The Hills – was less than joyous. "She was looking at me almost like a zoo animal. It wasn't like I was her daughter anymore. She was looking at me like I was a circus freak," says Montag.
"I think she was most upset that Spencer was there for me and she wasn't. She was saying how sad it is that my confidence is gone because of the music industry I'm trying to get into."
Montag, who still struggles with daily pain but has no regrets about what she's done, says, "I wanted to be the most beautiful, inside and out. It's part of being a pop star."
So where does her relationship with mom stand? "I tried to leave it as best as I could, but my heart was breaking."
credit - People Magazine

5 comments:

  1. But your not Heidi. You've become a Stepford daughter. Of course your mom is freaking the hell out. Spencer needs to reprogram her because she still believes she's a "popstar".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole situation breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The claims to want to be a pop star is just masking the underlying condition of body dysmorphic disorder. She needs psychiatric help not surgery, not spa treatments, not comparisons to other celebrities, etc. These are all just symptoms of the disorder. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it has anything to do with your mom not being there for you during surgery / and Spencer being there. It has to do with the fact that you massacred yourself and it breaks your mom's heart to see her little girl have these psychological issues and destroy her outer beauty in hopes that it will take the inner pain away. I certainly would be heartbroken if my daughter were to undergo what you did to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's 23?
    before she looked maybe 20.. now she looks like she's like 40 :/
    sucks for you, i dont think you can undo that .

    ReplyDelete