Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Olivia Palermo: A Few of Her Fashion Secrets



StyleCaster: How would you describe your style in one sentence?
Oliva Palermo: My style is classic, but I like to incorporate some trends to keep things modern and relevant-- and I’m a huge fan of using accessories to pull my look together.
SC: What influences your outfits on a daily basis?
OP: Everything I see and experience throughout the day.
SC: Where do you shop? Do you have a secret store?
OP: I always keep my eyes open for new places to shop. One boutique I really like is Debut on Mulberry Street.
SC: If you could swap closets with anyone who would it be?
OP: Audrey Hepburn's costumes from all of her movies, and the Valentino archives.
SC: Any favorite trends for spring 2010?
OP: Cat eye sunglasses-- my mom always wore them and I’ve worn them since I was young. My mom has always been on trend.

SC: How much is too much to spend on a pair of shoes?
OP: I think it varies on the shoe. A pair of shoes you’re going to wear and love forever is a worthwhile investment. I particularly love the shoes from my friend Charlotte Dellal’s collection, Charlotte Olympia.
SC: Do you have a signature accessory that you wear most often? Is there a story behind it?
OP: My black and gold cocktail ring. A very close friend gave it to me.
SC: iPhone or BlackBerry?
OP: BlackBerry!
SC: If you had to pack for a glamorous vacation and could only bring five makeup products, what would they be?
OP: I always pack the following items when I travel to St. Barts: face wash, moisturizer, sunscreen, concealer, and baby powder.
SC: What would your dream home look like?
OP: I’m lucky enough to have already created my dream home with my boyfriend, Johannes.
SC: What was the last song you listened to?
OP: "F*ck You" by Lily Allen.
SC: If you could time travel to any period, which would it be?
OP: The 50s and 60s. I've always felt that was the era I was supposed to have grown up in.
SC: Are there any accomplishments you have yet to cross off your bucket list?
OP: I’m still very young so there is lots more I’d like to accomplish, but I trust that everything will happen in due time.
credit - Michelle Halpern at stylecaster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment