Thursday, October 20, 2011

Olivia Palermo on Her Favorite Bag & How She Keeps Track of What's in Her Closet


Olivia recently did a terrific interview with Exposed Zippers. Below is an excerpt.
What goes into selecting your wardrobe for an event? Can you tell us about the process: does it start with a pair of shoes, clutch, piece of jewelry?
Yes, it actually does start with a particular item. Is it always one particular type of item? Not necessarily. It could be a clutch one day, a piece of jewelry the next day, a wonderful pair of shoes the next day. I find an inspirational piece and then I start building around it.


Accessories are always such a highlight in your styling. How many bags would you say you have amongst your collection?
Accessories are the perfect way polish off a look. It's the details that are special. The bag I use most would be my VBH Brera double zip bag. It's a perfect everyday bag. In addition to that I have a collection of statement bags and those that are simple. My Hermes clutch, for instance, is an easy way to polish off a look with one of my favorite things.


Daphne Guinness has a personal database with inventory of her wardrobe. How do you keep track of what's in your closet?
It is important to make sure everything is clean and organized and categorized. Whether it's a closet or anything else! Because I travel a lot, it's really important to keep my closet organized. I organize my closet by colors, shoes, seasons, and an added special touch of pull-out jewelry drawers that keep my accessories organized.
Click here to continue reading about Olivia's new blog & her future plans.
Click here for more posts on Olivia
credit - Exposed Zippers, top photo courtesy of Johannes Huebl
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment