Wednesday, September 2, 2009

On Set Interview: Audrina Patridge On Sorority Row (MAJOR spoilers!)


Unlike her co-stars of Mtv's 'The Hills', Audrina Patridge has managed to break away from episodic reality television and enter the realm of acting. Her big break brings her into a different circle, that of members of a sorority who cover up an accidental murder in "Sorority Row." As the character of Megan, Patridge must contend with a cheating boyfriend as well as being surrounded by a number of bitchy and competitive girls.
In out on-set interview we discussed her trial by fire of being covered in blood, what movies scared her and how to survive shooting in the freezing cold.
How many times have you died so far?
Audrina Patridge: Oh, a lot. Last night we filmed so late and now, I mean, we’re continuing the rest of the scene tonight. I’ve died more than a few times.
Did you have the blood on you last night as well?
Audrina Patridge: Last night. So, it dried and was crunchy so we had to put it back on again. You have to get all the different angles. It’s fun though!
H ow are you surviving in the cold?
Audrina Patridge: Well, I think tonight is a little colder than last night. But, there’s jackets and heaters. It’s just being in lingerie when you’re laying on the cold dirt going into scene, I mean for my death scene I need to convulse and shake anyways so it kind of helps.
Did you come in to audition? Did they have you scream?
Audrina Patridge: Um, I actually got the script and I read it and I loved it. And I met with the producers and talked to them and it happened.
Had you been shopping around for a film like this?
Audrina Patridge: No! Something different. I want to expand my acting abilities. Like horror films, chick flicks, um, drama, comedy. So, this is my first horror film.
What can you tell us about your character?
Audrina Patridge: Um, Megan is her name and she is the sorority with all the girls and she’s sort of the sassy, feisty one and her boyfriend Garrett cheated on her, so like, all the sorority girls are sisters and we want to get him back for cheating on me, because if he cheats on me he cheats on all my sorority sisters. And so, we set up this prank and it leads to me really dying. But it’s been a great experience. I just got here on Sunday and we’re just starting so I’ll be here next week as well. I got to go in and do the casting for the mold of my face at the end of the movie.
How was that part, was it fun or?
Audrina Patridge: Yeah! It’s fun and I can’t wait to see it. They are still doing make up on it and making it look like I was dead and rotting and decomposing. So, it’s a great experience I’ll never forget.
Had you watched the original?
Audrina Patridge: I went and rented the 1983 version, and I watched it a few weeks ago, but this one I feel like it’s gonna be better.
Any input in your death scene?
Audrina Patridge: Yeah, you’ve got to put yourself in that character and take yourself to that moment like if you’re really going through that or if you’re really that person. It’s kind of give it your all. You’ve got to take yourself out of who you are become that character and really play the part.
Did they do a mold of your chest that they are going to spike into?
Audrina Patridge: Yeah, last night we did this scar and it looked real when I get stabbed. It’s really gross. So, there are lots of pictures and I just can’t wait to see how it turns out.
Are you a big fan of horror movies?
Audrina Patridge: Yes, I love scary movies. I always have. I have never really been afraid of them.
What are some of your favorites?
Audrina Patridge: Some of my favorites…’Amityville Horror’ is good. ‘Saw’ is different because it’s more like you are trying to figure out the whole game plan. Um, I loved ‘Child’s Play’ it's funny. When I was little I used to watch that. That actually kind of scared me. ‘White Noise.’ I liked that. And, ‘The Strangers’ really gets you to jump. That’s a new one that just came out.
Do you know what you are going to do after this?
Audrina Patridge: Well, I’m still filming ‘The Hills,’
Will this be mentioned on ‘The Hills’?
Audrina Patridge: No, they don’t want to incorporate that into the show, so, it doesn’t. I dunno. I talked to the producers about it, but they didn’t want to bring that part of my life into the show which is hard because it’s what I moved to LA to do and this is my passion, my love, so it’s kind of hard not to share it with the fans and bring them on the journey.
How was working with the cast?
Audrina Patridge: It was fun. The first night I got here we went out and had dinner and saw the city and I love Rumor and Brianna, Jamie and Margo, everyone. Lea. Matt is awesome. Everyone. It’s such a great cast and crew. We’ve all been having so much fun together.
You must be freezing.
Audrina Patridge: No, actually I’m not. Last night was cold.
Did you think you’d be in LA on a soundstage filming this scene, not on the ground?
Audrina Patridge: Well this is part of making movies and it makes it look real. I had to spit up so much blood it got in my eyes and up my nose and I had to just take it.
What does it taste like?
Audrina Patridge: It’s actually kind of good. (Laughs.) It’s sweet it’s like corn syrup. It’s just really, really sticky.
How did you get wet?
Audrina Patridge: Yeah, this is from me spitting it up and they added a little bit and we didn’t do the scar today but I just spit up a lot of blood.
And what do you think of wearing the lingerie?
Audrina Patridge: Well, it’s a sorority – lingerie – pj party and in the scene I am with my boyfriend in lingerie.
Have you shot that scene yet?
Audrina Patridge: No, we’re gonna shoot that next week. I’m getting my death over first. (Laughs.)
credit - latinoreview.com

No comments:

Post a Comment