Friday, January 22, 2010

Spencer Pratt: I'm Not in Charge of Heidi's Body

He may not have the best track record, but Spencer Pratt has stood by wife Heidi Montag in her decision to undergo 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. But for the record: He wasn't in favor of her total transformation.
For the past three years, while Montag has obsessed about her imperfections and eagerly planned her November surgery, Pratt was there to voice his very different opinion on things.
"Anytime I hinted that it might be a little much or if I just asked if she was sure, I even felt like I was crossing lines," he told PEOPLE. "I'm not in charge of what she does with any part of her body. I'm her husband – not her owner."
To Pratt, his wife of a year was perfect to begin with. "But everyone sees themselves differently when they look in the mirror," he says. "Nobody truly understands how she feels except her. I may not be okay with things, but it's not my call."
Throughout the lengthy procedure and seven-week-plus recovery, Pratt, 26, played nurse – monitoring Montag, 23, and her health day and night. But the hardest part of all was seeing his wife post-surgery.
"Right after … it was the worst experience of my life," Pratt said. "Nobody that loves a loved one should see that."
And despite his difference of opinion on her having the surgery, Montag appreciates his honesty. "At the end of the day we do share a same opinion: It's my body and I need to feel comfortable as a woman, as a person, and my inner beauty is always there and that's what's most important," she says.
"His support has really been a lot and made such a difference. I couldn't ask for more."
credit - People Magazine

4 comments:

  1. He's an enabler to BDD. He needs to understand the disorder. He needs to get his hands on every book written on this subject by Katharine A. Phillips, MD. The Broken Mirror & Understanding Body Dysmorphic Disorder. He will view his role completely different after reading these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over this story for some reason. I am just saddened that she felt she had to go out of her way to do this. What an awful message to be sending to her younger fans. I understand her desire to be the 'It' girl, so she probably did not really consider the future ramifications of having all these procedures done now. She is an adult and she can do what she wants with her body, but a lot of famous people who's audience do include younger people should really consider how they could impact them. In all honesty, Heidi Montag will never probably make it as a pop star as she probably lacks any real singing talent. She shouldn't really bank on her outward appearance to try to make it happen. I do agree with the person above that she probably is suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Heidi definitely needs therapy for how she feels about herself. She probably always felt somewhat critical of herself, but becoming famous rather quickly catapulted those feelings into what we see today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my way here from twitter and now I'm addicted. I love your blog. I'm only 16 but I think that what Heidi did is terrible. I think she was beautiful before the surgery. I first saw the news in a grocery line and as soon as I read it and saw the picture my jaw dropped. I don't believe that she needed to do that for her industry. I looked up to her before she started dating Spencer and now I am deffinatley not looking up to her now. Her surgeon just wanted the money so he went ahead and let her do all surgeries and that wasn't safe at all. I wish she would have stayed her self because she was so beautiful and now look at her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant get over this story either! I liked Heidi or at least I think I did. she was B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l before, I just dont get it. Why would someone who looks as good and who has the a "glamorous" life do this? Then I realized the only reason why she did this was for more attention. There is no other explanation. I mean we arent talking about a little botox here and there,,, she had a total transformation! She in no way looks bad but she looked amazing before, makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete