Thursday, July 29, 2010

Olivia Palermo: ASOS Cover and Video


Olivia Palermo has made her first UK cover - on ASOS.COM's autumn/winter 2010 issue.
"I just really, really love clothes," Palermo says in the magazine. "I think it has evolved as I've gotten older. I understand the industry a little better and I know what works for me and my personal style. I've definitely noticed I'm getting there in the past few years. Recently, I've been taking dresses in my closet, vintage or from a previous season, and re-draping them, adding my own personal touch with a brooch or a belt."
During her month-long photo blog for VOGUE.COM she wore everything from Charlotte Olympia to Zara to BCBG, but it is Burberry's Christopher Bailey who really gets her vote.
"I haven't had a chance to meet anyone at Burberry, but I've always been a fan of the brand. Christopher Bailey is a genius, it's like he can't do anything wrong," she says.
Although the actress is still yet to launch her own fashion line, she knows exactly how she would want it look if the opportunity did arise.
"[My collection] would probably be soft and elegant - a really feminine collection," she explains. "But I do love menswear, so I would probably throw in a few blazers and pant suits into the collection. It would have to be consistent though, that's something you have to keep in mind when you're designing."
Would she ever consider a move to the UK?
"Both of my parents keep telling me that London is calling," she said. "In five years' time, I'd like to be living in London with Johannes [my boyfriend]. It really all depends on work."

***Click here for the complete interview with photos***


credit - Marie Claire UK , ASOS
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment