Monday, October 18, 2010

Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani's Rumba to Be 'Like Making Love'

By Audrina Patridge
This week my partner Tony Dovolani and I are doing the rumba. The dance is similar to the Argentine tango, except without the lifts and tricks. It's very passionate, sensual and sultry. Tony calls it the dance of love and says the emotion should be like making love on the dance floor – which is a little awkward and weird! I'm definitely still getting used to it. Thankfully, our Argentine tango last week was very up close and personal, so that kind of prepared me for this.
It's also TV-theme week, and the producers surprised us with the theme song to The Hills, "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. Every week is a new surprise! When Tony showed me which song we were assigned, I was really excited. "Unwritten" is a great song, and I love Natasha Bedingfield. Every time I hear that song, I automatically think of the intro to The Hills. It really brings back all those memories. Now I get to create a new memory, and I'll never forget this either.
Tony and I are going to bring everything that was on The Hills – the drama, flirtation and relationship ups and downs – into our dance. It's going to be very fun!
Because we were always at the pool, by the beach or on vacation on The Hills, I was always wearing bikinis. So my costume this week is going to be inspired by bathing suits. It's not exactly a bikini, but it's definitely inspired by them. My costume has a lot of chiffon and it's sparkly and hot pink, very girly and short. It's going to look really cute!
I have been so busy since we finished The Hills that I haven't really spoken with the other cast members. I try to keep up on Twitter with Stephanie and Lo and Justin texted me about a month ago to wish me luck and tell me that he's proud of me, but that's about it. I have gotten some awesome texts and well-wishes from the producers and crew. A few of the executive producers came to visit me last Tuesday while I was in hair and makeup on the set of DWTS. They said that I'm doing great and they're so happy for me. It was really, really nice to see them!
I've been super busy this week. I rarely get to see my family, so during my off time when I'm not dancing with Tony, I usually hang out with my boyfriend or visit my family. Saturday, I rehearsed from eight in the morning till one, and then I flew straight to Las Vegas to watch my boyfriend Corey Bohan compete in the Dew Tour. I came back first thing Sunday morning and went straight to rehearsal.
Corey has been in the Dancing With the Stars audience every Monday and Tuesday. He comes early and hangs out with me in my trailer, gives me a foot or back massage and then leaves to sit in the audience. Afterwards, we always go to dinner together. It was nice that this time I got to show him some support and sit in the audience watching HIM!
I hope everyone is enjoying the show and that I'm surprising people every week. I'm actually surprising myself! I didn't think that I could ever dance like this. I came into Dancing With the Stars with a clean slate. Everything I've learned, I've learned from Tony. He's such a great teacher. Hopefully this week all The Hills lovers will enjoy our dance – and vote!
Love,
Audrina
credit - People.com
~Kelli at Hills Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment