Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lauren Conrad Says Designing Clothes 'Is What I Love'




Lauren Conrad certainly knows how to keep herself busy in her post-"Hills" life. When she's not busy writing and promoting her novel, "L.A. Candy," or executive-producing the film version of it, she's working on her clothing line, Kohl's LC Lauren Conrad collection.
This is what I love. It's kind of why I did everything else," she explained. "When I'm doing sketches or going through color swatches, that's the best time for me."
Conrad, who put the clothing line on hiatus earlier this year, discussed what she learned from the fashion industry, from when she started going to school to interning at a magazine to working for a PR company — all of which was documented on "The Hills."
"I've learned that something will always go wrong in production. I've learned that you should always go with your gut, and it's not important to please everybody," she said, adding, "Just have fun with it."
With her designs now available in Kohl's stores, she can turn her attention to getting her movie off the ground with the help of the "Twilight" producers. "I mean, you can't do much better, right? I was sitting in a room and then it just came to me," she said of why she finally decided to turn the novel into a film. "I came up with a format that worked and discussed it with them. They really liked it."
credit - mtv

No comments:

Post a Comment