Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Whitney Port: 'I don't want to be the next Paris Hilton'


The Hills' Whitney Port has revealed how she will not be following in fellow reality TV star Paris Hilton's footsteps as she wants to be taken seriously as a fashion designer.
Whitney, speaking exclusively to Metro, insisted she did not want to be known as a party girl like socialite Paris.
"I really respect her - she's super hard-working and she's made a name for herself but I want to be known as a clothing designer."
"I know the reality TV career is not going to last forever and when it's over I want to be taken seriously. Partying is just not me."
Whitney, 24, made her name in MTV's reality TV show The Hills about a bunch of friends living in LA.
She now has her own spin-off show The City, which follows her around New York as she works for fashion designer Diane von Fürstenberg.
Whitney spoke about her well-known rivalry with Olivia Palermo, her co-star on The City, and how different it was to working with pal Lauren Conrad on The Hills.
"It was so different with Lauren. We always had each other's back. There was definitely a sense of loyalty."
"With Olivia there's more competition. I had to constantly watch my back. It wasn't easy that's for sure."
As for anyone expecting a reunion between her and rocker boyfriend Jay in the new series of The City, they'll be sorely disappointed.
"You'll see him for a second but it's nothing really romantic. It's just for closure"
Whitney was keeping tight-lipped about any other romantic developments saying "There'll be a couple of love interests, you'll see some dating".
She also claimed she didn't look at herself as a fashion icon.
"It's very cool [to be seen as a fashion icon]. I don't really consider myself that but it's very flattering because I work really hard at it. I look at fashion as a true art form"
credit - www.metro.co.uk, celebutopia

No comments:

Post a Comment