Thursday, September 10, 2009

Audrina Patridge: A Role to Die For

After five seasons on “The Hills,” Audrina Patridge was happy to get killed by a maniac in the slasher comedy/thriller “Sorority Row.”
“Well, it was a small enough part,” she said of Megan, the Theta Pi sorority sister who (it’s hardly a secret) is the first to die. “I was able to do it and still go back to ‘The Hills’.”
Like Drew Barrymore’s character in “Scream,” “Megan starts the movie off. Her boyfriend cheats on her so they come up with this prank that’s not very nice and doesn’t go accordingly. It was a fun character to play.”
“Sorority Row,” she said, “will let people see me in a different light and not just the girl on that TV show. Just as an actress.”
After playing “A version of myself,” on “The Hills,” Patridge, 24, wants “To be taken seriously. I know that I’m going to have to work at it, gaining people’s respect and proving it. I’m climbing that mountain.”
As she finishes the MTV series that’s made her famous - “We’re in the middle of finishing up the bonus episodes and then I’ll be leaving ‘The Hills’ ” - Patridge will follow with her own reality series produced by “Survivor” guru Mark Burnett.
And to think, Patridge has her swimsuit to thank for it all.
“I moved to L.A. to be an actress and was going on auditions and castings and working full time with Smashbox (cosmetics),” she said.
As she was laying out in a bathing suit by her apartment pool, “ ‘The Hills’ producers were scouting the place out and they came up to me and I told them what I was doing with my life, why I was here and getting established. They said Lauren (Conrad) needed a new L.A. friend and so I started filming.
credit - boston herald

No comments:

Post a Comment